Tuesday 28 February 2012

It's the way I tell em'...

Last week saw the sad news that the comedian, Frank Carson had passed away. No doubt a legendary comic, remembered for his tagline "It's the way I tell 'em". In response to this I watched debate on the BBC with Nicholas Parsons and Iain Lee, discussing how comedy has changed over the last fifty years and what is acceptable humour today. Comics such as Frankie Boyle and Jimmy Carr are so often in the news regarding jokes of "bad taste". This led me to think, how many jokes today are clean and I am of the opinion that not all jokes need to be vulgar or crude to make people laugh.  Here are some one liners that aren't overly offensive but at the same time can bring about belly laughs: 
  1. Tim Vine- "Crime in multi-storey car parks. That is wrong on so many different levels."
  2. Stewart Francis- "Standing in the Park I wondered why a frisbee looks larger the closer it gets...then it hit me"
  3. Milton Jones- "When my grandfather became ill, my grandmother greased his back. After that, he went downhill very quickly" 
  4. Tommy Cooper- "I slept like a log last night. I woke up in the fireplace."
  5. Lee Mack- "I used to be a freelance journalist, but I was crap. Lance is still in prison."
  6. Les Dawson- "She was the flabbiest stripper I've ever seen. When she ran off the stage she started her own applause."
  7. Jimmy Carr-  "I may be middle-class, but I’m hard. Al dente, you might say."

No comments:

Post a Comment